Our community has been through a lot over the last couple of years, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety. Our office follows the infection control recommendations from the American Dental Association(ADA), California Dental Association(CDA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC), California Department of Public Health(CDPH) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration(OSHA). We are committed to ensuring that our infection control procedures are current and effective.
You will see some new procedures when it is time for your next appointment as well as new equipment at our dental office. Please be assured that we have made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
• Patients will be screened using a questionnaire, both by phone when making or confirming an appointment and again in person upon arrival to our office.
• Appointments will be managed to allow for physical distancing between patients. This might mean patients are offered fewer options for appointment times.
• Patients will be asked to wear a face mask while in the office.
• Hand sanitizer will be available for their use before and after touching items in the office.
• The office has now a medical grade filtration HEPA air purifier which will keep an optimal air quality exchanging it every 30 minutes throughout the day.
• Installation of an extra oral suction system on each unit to capture 99.9% of any aerosols or droplets expelled during dental treatment.
• Treatment of all office surfaces with an antimicrobial/antiviral solution on a regular basis after each patient and several times a day.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have. Most of all, thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to our office.
Dr. Barrera and Staff